During the winter months, HVAC systems are put to the test to keep homes comfortable when temperatures outside fall below freezing. To keep your system in the best shape possible and avoid emergency repair issues with your furnace, HVAC service in central Kansas is essential. For the best results possible from HVAC maintenance, you can follow some simple tips and tricks.
It can be easy to forget about HVAC maintenance, especially during the rush of the holidays, so it’s important to set aside some time for HVAC service in central Kansas. Preventative maintenance doesn’t require a significant amount of time or energy, and it really pays off in the long run when it comes to the health of your system and its energy efficiency. Here are a few of the best tips for HVAC maintenance during the winter months:
- Keep ductwork clear: When ductwork becomes clogged with dirt and debris, it restricts airflow. These blockages force HVAC systems to work harder to maintain the appropriate indoor air temperature. Over time, that increased work load puts stress and strain on a system, leading to numerous issues that can be costly and difficult to repair. Keep ductwork clear to avoid these problems and promote efficient HVAC operation.
- Adjust your thermostat: The settings on your thermostat can make a big difference in the overall efficiency and operation of your HVAC system. Check your thermostat settings to make sure that everything is calibrated properly. Use automatic temperature settings to keep things consistent without the need for manual adjustments. Winter is a great time to upgrade to a smart thermostat that offers even more streamlined operation and unique features that boost the energy efficiency of your home.
- Winterize your AC unit: During the winter months, heavy precipitation and stormy weather can take a toll on outdoor AC units. Winterize your AC system by covering your outdoor unit with a tarp or AC unit cover to protect it from the elements.
- Have your system inspected and serviced: Before the heating season is in full swing, schedule an appointment with a technician who specializes in HVAC service in central Kansas. A professional service provider will inspect your system for problems and tune-up system components to get it in great shape before the stress of the winter months.
- Replace filters: Furnace filters must be replaced regularly to promote air circulation through your heating system. While replacing these filters on your own is usually a simple task, a professional can also handle filter replacement during a routine service appointment.
HVAC service in Central Kansas
At KVK Inc., we understand the importance of regular HVAC service in central Kansas and are here to make the maintenance process as easy as possible for our customers. Whether you’re looking for basic maintenance services or you need extensive HVAC repairs, our team is here to help. We will provide you with all of the services you need to keep your system running as effectively and efficiently as possible all winter long. Call today to request a quote and to schedule a service appointment with our team.
Categorised in: HVAC service
This post was written by Writer