For years, central air conditioning systems have been the norm for cooling houses across the country. While central AC won’t be going anywhere anytime soon, many homeowners are opting to use ductless air conditioners, either as a replacement for central AC or as a supplement to their existing system. Continue reading to learn a few of the many benefits of ductless AC in central Kansas:
- Even air delivery: Do some areas or rooms in your home feel cooler than others while the central AC is running? If so, there’s probably a leak in your ductwork. Leaky ductwork is common, especially in older homes, which leads to less comfortable rooms and a ton of wasted energy. Since ductless systems don’t have ducts and the units cool each room individually, you’ll have more consistent airflow throughout your space.
- Easy installation: Another one of the big benefits of ductless AC in central Kansas is how easy the units are to install. The only thing that’s needed to install a ductless unit is a small hole in the wall to run the refrigerant line from the indoor cooling unit to the outdoor compressor. We recommend hiring a professional to complete this project.
- Flexible installation: Along with the installation being easy, you can install a ductless AC anywhere in the house. In some cases, up to four indoor cooling units can be connected to just one outdoor unit. That means you can control four rooms or zones with the installation of a single outdoor unit.
- Better air quality: Dirty air ducts wreak havoc on allergy sufferers, and they can even lead to serious health problems if there’s any mold growth inside them. That won’t be an issue with a ductless system! Additionally, ductless systems have air-purifying filters that prevent germs, pollen, dust and other contaminants from floating through your home.
- Energy efficient: If you’re looking to save some money on your monthly cooling bill, you should consider switching to a ductless AC system. Depending on the age and energy efficiency of your current central AC system, you could save hundreds of dollars throughout the year by going ductless! You’ll find that ductless ACs pay for themselves over time.
- Aesthetically pleasing: Compared to a window AC unit or a big box fan, ductless air conditioning in central Kansas is much more attractive. The units are usually small—only about seven inches wide—and have a sleek outer appearance. Most units can be installed high on the wall, near the ceiling, so you’ll hardly even notice they’re there.
- Rebates available: Finally, homeowners in some areas could receive rebates or cash incentives from the utility company or government for choosing a ductless system. These rebates are offered because these units are more energy efficient and better for the environment as a whole. Talk to your utility company about getting some cash back for upgrading to a ductless system!
If you’re ready to ditch your central AC system in favor of ductless air conditioning in central Kansas, then call our pros at KVK Inc. We specialize in both the installation and maintenance of ductless AC systems.
Categorised in: Air Conditioning Installation
This post was written by Writer