Since they’re generally hidden above ceilings, below floors and behind walls, most of us don’t pay much attention to our air ducts—but we should! Ductwork is essential in keeping your home comfortable and energy efficient while prolonging the lifespan of your HVAC system.
We could go on all day about the benefits of air ducts, but it’s important to understand that ductwork doesn’t last forever, and you’ll need to replace and upgrade it at some point. Here are a few of the signs that you need to upgrade your air ducts:
- Old age: With proper care, air ducts can last for a decade or longer, but the seals, joints and seams start to deteriorate after about 10 years or so. We recommend scheduling a ductwork inspection right away to see what condition your air ducts are in, and hire our pros to replace your ductwork if it’s in bad shape.
- Poor airflow: Weak or no airflow coming out of your vents is a common symptom of ductwork troubles. Any duct leaks mean air from your AC or heater won’t make it into your living space. We can make repairs if the problem is caught early. Otherwise, you’ll need to upgrade your ductwork.
- Poor heating or cooling performance: If certain rooms in your home are cooler in the winter or hotter in the summer, something might be wrong with your ductwork. This issue could be as simple as dirty ducts, but it might also mean ductwork failure. The only way to tell is to have your air ducts inspected—and possibly replaced—by qualified professionals. Experience the importance of upgraded ductwork by living in total comfort after your ducts are replaced.
- Dents and punctures: The problems mentioned above are often related to dents or punctures in the air ducts. We’re often able to make repairs if the issues are caught soon, but if you wait too long, replacement will likely be in order. Identify these types of trouble sooner rather than later by scheduling annual inspections.
- Mold growth: The importance of upgraded ductwork extends beyond comfort and into safety. Air ducts are the perfect breeding ground for mold, which can be detected with an inspection or by its musty odor. Mold spores are known to cause a variety of health problems, and removal can be a real challenge. Sometimes, the only way to get rid of mold is to replace your ductwork entirely.
- Noisy operation: Strange sounds coming from the air vents shouldn’t be ignored. These odd noises often indicate something is wrong with your heating or cooling unit. But the sounds might also be related to your ductwork. Only an HVAC professional will know for sure what the trouble is, so call to schedule an inspection right away.
Talk to KVK Inc. today
Stop paying a fortune on your energy bills while living in an uncomfortable home—hire our team to upgrade your ductwork. Give us a call today to schedule an appointment or to learn more about the benefits of air ducts.
Categorised in: Duct Repair
This post was written by Writer